The Roman Road tells us:
1. Who needs salvation.
2. Why we need salvation.
3. How God provides salvation.
4. How we receive salvation.
5. The results of salvation.
Romans Road of Salvation
1. Everyone needs salvation because we have all sinned.
Romans 3:10-12, and 23
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
2. The price (or consequence) of sin is death.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life inChrist Jesus our Lord.
3. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He paid the price for our death.
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4. We receive salvation and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9-10, and 13
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
5. Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a relationship of peace with God.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Responding to Roman Road
If you believe Roman Road leads to the path of truth, you can respond by receiving God’s free gift of salvation today. Here’s how to take a personal journey down Romans Road:
1. Admit you are a sinner.
2. Understand that as a sinner, you deserve death.
3. Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from sin and death.
4. Repent by turning from your old life of sin to a new life in Christ.
5. Receive, through faith in Jesus Christ, his free gift of salvation.