Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time (Full-time opportunity for a suitable candidate in combination with Youth Position)
Remuneration: Competitive Salary to reflect qualifications and experience
Location: Shailer Park, QLD
Application Close Date: 17/01/2022
Start Date: Early 2022
About The Opportunity
Calvary Family Church is looking for our next Young Adults Pastor to empower the next generation to be leaders & disciple making disciples of Jesus.
We are a loving and supportive family church with a long history of work and passion for young people. You join a passionate team serving the purposes of God in our local community, with specific focus on reaching, connecting, enriching, and equipping 17-30 year olds for Jesus. Our current our young adults (25+) are engaged in life groups, actively serving in the church, and entering the next stages of their life. You will empower them and a volunteer team to be leaders in their world making an impact in partnership with the Holy Spirit. You will build relationships with key stakeholders in our community.
We are seeking someone that:
- We are seeking someone that:
- Has a love and passion for Jesus and a love and passion for people.
- Demonstrates Godly character and a clear commitment to serving Jesus.
- Is an active member of a Christian church in Australia that has similar doctrine with Calvary Family Church and a willingness to become a committed member of Calvary Family Church
- Has a proven ability to connect and engage well with young adults.
- Has a demonstrated ability to be hands on in leading, planning, training, and raising up leaders, and organising Young Adults Ministry (either as a volunteer or paid worker). Including the ability to design, risk assess and manage various young adult-related events including recreational activities (some physically demanding) and camps.
- Has a proven capability to offer pastoral assistance, to offer prayer and to explain the Christian Gospel
- Has a passion for and experience in successfully mentoring, coaching and the ability to disciple others.
- Holds/is currently studying qualifications in youthwork and/or theology; or is willing to commit to undertake and actively pursue such qualifications.
- Has the capacity to build and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Has the ability to inspire others through influential communication with large and small groups
- Has competent self-management skills including time management.
- Has an understanding of and a commitment to Child Protection and Work Health and Safety Policies.
- Who is committed to working within a team structure.
- Who has a demonstrated commitment to professional development and personal growth.
- Has ability in social media, graphic design, Elvanto and/or website development software is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Applications are to be addressed to our Senior Pastor, Scott Short
To request a Position Description or to submit you application please click Apply Now
Your application will provide:
- A Letter addressing the position description, also introducing yourself (and family if relevant), a summary of your faith journey, and what has led you to apply for this position.
- Current resume.
- List of contact details for three referees (including 2 professional referees, 1 of which has supervised you).